Reminder to Follow the COVID-19 Guide for FAS Staff to stay focused on workplace health
In his Sept. 23, 2020 email to FAS staff, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Darrell Bazzell announced publication of the COVID-19 Guide for FAS Staff. In case you missed the communication, following are highlights of the guidance to follow for your safety and that of your co-workers.
The Guide is specific to our portfolio and is in addition to the university’s Employee Guidebook. The COVID-19 Guide for FAS Staff is for all of us, with a specific focus on those who report to work on campus. It is available in English and Spanish and outlines expectations such as:
- Screening ourselves for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus. Use the Protect Texas Together mobile app or phone-based survey.
- Wearing protective face coverings when inside. Face coverings are highly recommended when we are outside.
- Practicing social distancing. Detailed guidance is included for those of us who have work duties that require us to be closer to others than six feet.
- Following the new rules for using and sharing campus carts and vehicles.
- Cleaning up after ourselves, including wiping down copy machines and other shared items.
- Holding meetings in alignment with new university guidelines.
SVP/CFO Bazzell urged all FAS staff to take time to review the Guide and ask their supervisor for any department-level plans that have been approved by Environmental Health and Safety.