Employee Assistance Program offers resources for learning from, supporting others on topic of racism
The Human Resources Employee Assistance Program (EAP) acknowledges the pain and impact to our campus community related to current, historical, and systemic racism and violence against Black Americans and people of color. The EAP staff recognizes that these experiences as well as those related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic are affecting many faculty and staff in complex and traumatic ways.
The EAP offers several resources to help guide all UT Austin faculty and staff as we listen to, learn from, and support one another:
- Ground, Listen, Grow: Unpacking the Book White Fragility (support group)
- Nourishing Ourselves Against the Impact of Historic, Systemic Racial Trauma
- How to Support Black Colleagues
- “Notice the Rage, Note the Silence” podcast
- Resources for Buffering Against the Impact of Racial Trauma
Visit the EAP blog for additional resources. The unit intends to publish more as they continue their work. The EAP also offers Support for Essential Workers, and they offer the presentation Soothing Emotions During a Pandemic (register in UTLearn). In addition, EAP offers Guided Mindful Meditation practices via Zoom and is available for Counseling and Consultations.